- A Dutch artist has photoshopped and shared a series of nostalgic images of celebrities meeting their younger selves.
- Ard Gelinck has been posting his celebrity "Then & Now" series on Instagram since early 2017 which feature Leonardo DiCaprio, Keanu Reeves,Jennifer Aniston,Reese Witherspoon, Jimmy Fallon, and Bruno Mars to name a few.
- He told Insider he spends between one and four hours on each image depending on lighting, colors, tones, and scale.
- His work has been re-shared by some of the famous faces he's edited, including Madonna, Tina Turner, Ricky Gervais, Sylvester Stallone, and Michael Douglas.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Dutch artist Ard Gelinck has been posting photo edits online for about 10 years but told Insider he wanted to "challenge" himself by creating a series of celebrity "Then and Now" comparisons.
"The ideas suddenly came up and the celebrities that I choose are often random. Sometimes an extra when I know when it is someone's birthday, for example," he told Insider.
Showing some spellbinding Photoshopping skills, Gelinck said he spends between one and four hours editing each side-by-side, which varies depending on the color, lighting, tones, and scale of each individual image.
But the artist masterfully merges the two before-and-after comparisons to look as if each celebrity is meeting their younger self for the first time.
And he's even got the tick of approval from the sources of inspiration themselves.
While the Dutch artist isn't interested in exhibiting or profiting from his images, he said he is "enjoying that I can create something that other people like.
"It's nice to see that you can entertain people and show something that makes them laugh and make them think."
From Keanu Reeves to the cast of "Friends," check out 26 highlights from Gelinck's "Then & Now" series below.